Monday, November 11, 2019

I Hope To Be Rhyming

It has been many years since i wrote my first rhyme
This is going back the Seasons and the decades of time
Back in the days when i was in my physical prime
It is something i love doing and this is not a crime

It was my love of rhyme made a rhymer of me
I wrote my first rhymes in nineteen seventy three
I used to love reading rhymes as a young boy
And writing them nowadays is a thing i enjoy

The rhymes come to me in notebook i pen them down
But never for money or hope of literary renown
With  rhyme words i am one who just loves to play
And i add to my numbers of rhymes every day

As a younger man i used to daydream of becoming a poet
A fellow well worthy of literary note
But daydreams for so few ever do come true
And i receive from life what is only my due

I am one who has little cash to my name
And i no longer yearn for literary fame
But i hope to be rhyming on the day i do die
If i did tell you differently this would be a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment