Monday, November 4, 2019

Life's Destiny Had Me

Life's destiny had me born and raised in Claraghatlea near the Town of Millstreet
In the green countryside where the waterways meet
It was my first home-place but there i did not choose to stay
And in this place far south of there i may spend my last night and day

In the countryside in view of Clara where my journey in life began
I grew to love Nature as i grew into a man
And i grew to know birds by their appearance and song
Most birds when familiarized with one never again does get wrong

In the grove by my home in the prime of the Spring
The wild-born nesting birds did chirp, whistle and sing
Until the Cork County Council workers for road widening cut down every tree
And in Spring no more birdsong where a grove used to be

The years do go by and time does not stand still
But in fancy i can hear the Claramore Rill
In Claraghatlea babbling to the rivers to the Atlantic shore
The voice of the waterways are forever more

Where i used to live when my hair was dark brown
Today i would be a stranger to many in and near Millstreet Town
And only the memories with me now remain
Of what used to be and will not be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment