Monday, November 11, 2019

The Long Suffering Wife

Do not ask me where my man is she always does say
He is not often at home anyway
I am not the only long suffering wife
Who has to tell of sad stories of her life

On his way home from work to the pub he does call
To drink beer with his mates and discuss football
When home he sits and drinks beer and watches t v
All of the home work he does leave to me

I clean the home and cook for him and the children and dress them for school
To marry for love i must have been a fool
To think i could change him proves how naive i must be
With the saying love is blind one does have to agree

Some of my female friends in life doing well
They have better stories than me for to tell
Of their devoted husbands at home of work they does their share
Though one must say men like them are becoming more rare

I realize to marry for love is not a good idea
At the weekend i weed and mow the garden and prepare dinner and tea
Whilst my husband is with his mates at the pub
All of them fans of the local football club

She married for love but she now realize
That she was young and naive and far from being wise
For our mistakes in life always some price to pay
We learn as we live as the wise one does say.

No comments:

Post a Comment