Tuesday, July 28, 2020

I Lived For Many Years

I lived for many years near the Town of Millstreet
And on Spring and Summer evenings often walked through the fields to where the waterways meet
But since then time that ages has become my foe
And going back the years this now seems long ago

On sunny evenings with a gentle breeze
The wild birds on song on the bushes and trees
And today i remember without any tears
Of beauty i knew in the now long gone years

Old memories today remain as a source of joy
Of where i grew to love Nature as a young boy
Where old Clara Mountain as ever looks down
On the green countryside just west of Millstreet Town

Good old memories live on they do not fade away
And in my visualizations Claraghatlea does live in me today
I retain mental images of the beauty i see
That is all i have now of the what used to be

In this beautiful place of koala, wallaby and kangaroo
And long billed corella and emu and yellow tailed black cockatoo
South of where i was born and raised in distance far away
I am learning new things of Nature every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment