Wednesday, July 1, 2020

In The Minority

I was not one born to life for to fight in a war
Though from where i first saw light of day in distance i live far
I do not wish to treat as my enemy
People who never have done any harm to me

I look on most twenty first century ways of living and thinking to many differerently
Which suppose places me in the minority
Over promotion of self to me to narcissism belong
And not true love of self but self love gone wrong

The humble achiever nowadays is a thing of the past
But then few things in human life ever does seem to last
Suppose it is hard to remain humble when many laud you as a great
The ego is not that hard for to inflate

In the age of the internet over promotion of the self is on the rise
A reason for the rise in narcissistic behaviour one does come to realize
There has always been narcissistic people but their numbers on the increase of late
So many their own selves love to celebrate

Of their patriotic love of Country patriots may love to brag
Far too many have died for the love of a flag
But the egotistical people who start war in wars never die
And that most political leaders are narcissistic is not telling a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment